Angie, here to share some out-of-the-box ways to think about nourishing your body, mind, and spirit…
But wait, why am I even using the word “nourishment” if I’m not talking about food?
Well, that’s a great question!
The reason I am using the word nourishment outside of its regular foodie context is that we often find ourselves so over-focused on food that we forget about all the other simple and wonderful ways to nourish ourselves.
What does it mean to nourish “myself” without food?
We forget that taking a walk in a forest with our dog is calming and rejuvenating.
That lying on your bed listening to your favorite song while feeling the breeze kissing your face is soothing and relaxing.
That feeling the grass tickle your feet as you watch the clouds drift by is as good as meditation!
We actually “eat” with our senses all day… we “consume” our environment through touch, feel, taste, sight, and sound.
Here are 5 ways to nourish your senses, starting today…
- Relationships: Seek out and nurture relationships with friends, family, and lovers that make you feel good about yourself and say goodbye to the ones that drain your energy.
- Environment: Remember that your environment affects your mood and energy. So if you are stuck in an office all day staring at a wall, it’s time to kick off your shoes and run wild through a park so you can feel sunshine on your back and the breeze on your skin.
- Connections: We spend so much of our time alone at our computers or behind high walls and yet it’s so important for our spirits to make connections with others. So join a club or an online Meetup and make new connections or make a date with your favorite people. Get out and be with Humans!
- Sleep: There is no way around it—there is just nothing quite like sleep to rejuvenate your body and restore your entire system to function better. Sleep is where all our healing and rejuvenation happens.
- Movement: Movement sparks your endorphins, which make you feel energized and excited and keeps the oxygen circulating through your system so you can feel refreshed and alive. Get down to your favorite music or find an activity that you enjoy that gets you moving.
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients realize that there is more to life than food! I call the most important parts of our lives “THE BIG 5”—these need as much love and attention as eating!
If you are tired of feeling like your life is lacking excitement and meaning and you want to find a way to feel nourished in all areas of your life, then click here now to schedule a time to talk with me today so I can help you feel more energized and alive than ever before!
HURRY!!! There are only 6 days left to save $500 on the Total Body Transformation 90 Intensive. Book here now before time runs out!
To your health!